Registering for & joining webinars using your desktop software
This short document is a user guide to join a webinar
What is a webinar?
Webinars (web seminars) are video presentations, workshops, or lectures hosted online, usually via webinar software. These online events are usually interactive, business-related and allow you to share your knowledge with virtually anyone in the world.
If you’ve been invited to join a webinar, you’ll first need to register for the session. You can do this ahead of time or right before joining.
- Click the Registration link to open the Registration page.
- Enter your contact information and fill out any other required fields, then click Register.
- Once you’ve successfully registered, you’ll see a confirmation page.
Note: If the organizer sets up manual approval, then they must first approve your registration before you receive a confirmation email and Join link.
Where is my Registration link?
In most cases, the Registration link can be accessed from the Invitation email sent to you by the organizer. Alternatively, they might have posted it somewhere online (such as Twitter or Facebook) or even sent it in an instant message. Look for a hyperlink that starts with “https://attendee.webinar.com/register” and ends with a unique registration code. For security purposes, only the organizer can provide you with the Registration URL. If you are unable to find it, please contact the individual who invited you to the webinar and ask them to resend it.
Join the webinar
Once you’ve registered, you will receive a confirmation email that includes specific join information. When the webinar is about to begin, you can use that information to get into the session.
When it’s time, you can join in either of the following ways:
- Join link: Click the Join link in your confirmation email to be instantly launched into session.
- Webinar ID: If you don’t have your Join link, go here and enter the 9-digit Webinar ID.
You will then be automatically launched into session!
How to Install Webinar Software?
When you first join a webinar, webinar software will automatically detect your computer setup and direct you to the best join method. If you are on a compatible Windows or Mac computer, then the software will begin to install as soon as you join. In order to install the Webinar desktop app, you’ll need to click through a few windows allowing Webinar permission to access your computer. Note that specific download instructions will vary depending on your operating system and web browser.
Watch the webinar
Once you’ve joined the webinar, you’re all set! Depending on whether the webinar has started yet, you’ll see one of the following:
- If you see the message “The meeting will begin when the organizer arrives,” then the organizer has not yet started the broadcast. Once they do you’ll be able to hear the audio or video.
- If you see a new window open with the message “Waiting to view ‘s screen”, then the webinar has officially begun but the organizer is not presenting any visual content. You should be able to hear the audio at this point.
That’s it – now you can sit back and enjoy the webinar!
How to Leave Webinar
Click Leave meeting to leave the webinar at any time. If you leave, you can rejoin if the webinar is still in progress, as long as the host has not locked the webinar.